Thousands of miles can separate two people, I'm here to prove that you can make it work. When my girlfriend comes to see me I'm showing her this blog I am dedicating to her.
To me, from you.
How to make it work.
Ten Tips on Keeping an LDR Alive:
1. When you're fighting, try to listen as much as you can, some LDRers fight for something as simple as a miscommunication.
2. Video Call, Video Call, Video Call! This is your only means of seeing the other person, take advantage of this.
3. Don't over analyze why they haven't replied or called, it will only drive you insane.
4. Try to call the other as much as you can, but also don't get discouraged if it's not as often as you'd like.
5. Try to remember the outcome when things get rocky, nothing helps more than knowing some day you'll be with them and distance can suck your dick then.
6. Plan things to do together when that great day finally comes, do things together while separated; watch movies together, play card games, draw, etc.
7. Write letters to each other, as odd as it sounds, you need diversity and sticking to plain texting or emailing can run things dry after awhile.
8. Be understanding, like any other relationship you must understand that the other person may have to handle things daily aside from you.
9. An LDR is not something to half ass, if you're going to love from afar be sure you're ready to put yourself into this kind of commitment.
10. Don't forget to have some fun, don't sulk about the distance, rejoice that you have each other despite the distance, it's okay to have your own life.